10.16.2005

Wedding Party

This was a really good weekend overall. I am in the midst of going through a very deep and old area of major loss, so that kind of hangs over everything, but at the same time there was a lot of joy in the mix. Did some singing outside...sang some Patty Griffin, who I love...and let's just say people could probably hear me if they were somewhere within a 10 mile radius. Had some good time just hanging out and talking with people, went to some wedding festivities, and worked on a short sermon for class Tuesday (I'll post the text of the sermon probably tomorrow, when it's all finished).
The wedding was good, better than I thought it would be, considering I kind of want to kill everyone who is in love. It was nice to celebrate with my friends; plus they had a margarita machine, so you really can't go wrong with that. Here are a few random thoughts/experiences from the wedding and reception:

1. The most powerful part of the ceremony for me always seems to be when the bride and groom look right at each other and make their vows.
1.5 I always wonder who will walk me down the aisle if I ever get married. Maybe I'll just walk myself.
2. I'm not sure whether I want communion at my wedding, if such a thing ever happens.
3. The pastor, who was their college pastor, had the congregation yell "Go Bears!" during the wedding (the couple met at Cal)
4. At the reception, I was with my friends Matt and Shannon, and Dave (who always ends up being my pseudo-date in this group, because we're the two single ones from our old Bible study at church here in ATL)
5. We were leaning against the wall during one of the bride dances, and suddenly we smelled burning hair, and realized that my hair was too dangerously close to the candle sitting on the window sill and it was burning (don't worry, all's well).
6. The hardest part of the reception for me is watching the Father-Daughter dance.
7. Salsa dancing is fun.
8. Salsa dancing is still fun after 3 margaritas.
9. But I still prefer just regular freestyle dancing. (photos forthcoming...when my friend emails them to me...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home