9.29.2005

Hitting the road...

Well, I'm leaving tomorrow morning at 5:00am for a Christian Hispanic/Latino Youth retreat in Florida. A friend from Puerto Rico invited me, because he said he wants more white people to be aware of the issues going on in the Hispanic/Latino church. Really, I am just exhausted, and can think of nothing I'd like to do less than spend a weekend with a bunch of people I don't know, at a youth conference, straining to understand a language that isn't yet natural to me. I haven't slept that well this week, and have just been very weary in body, mind, and spirit. But at the same time, I am trying to stay hopeful that God will meet me there--and that it's especially during these times when my guard is down, and I'm at my lowest, that God can break through in big ways.
Please pray for me, and for all the people at the conference this weekend. I really need energy. On the drive down, and maybe on the drive back up, I'll be listening to Johnny Cash read the entire book of Acts (my friend lent me the CDs and I put them on my iPod)--since we have to read through the book at least once a week for my preaching elective. It takes about 2.5 hours to read it all out loud.
Hope it'll be a good weekend. Hope God gives me love for the people I'll meet, and a heart open to learn and be loved in return. And you all have a great weekend too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home