10.14.2005

Lunch Recap

About the lunch with the scholar, we didn't talk about anything too earth shattering. Mostly about the state of the Church, whether there is value in suffering, and convincing me to do PhD work. I was a little confused on that last one, since I've never had him as a professor, so I don't think he's familiar with my work. But even if that's just something he tells everyone, the encouragement was nice to hear.

The funny thing is that the rumor must be going around here that I want to do PhD work in Old Testament...because that's what WB seemed to think. I didn't correct him, because, well, I felt like it wasn't appropriate somehow. But the reality is (and this was totally confirmed for me by my lunch with WB) if I do PhD work it will be in the Bible area (as opposed to Theology, Church History, Ethics, etc.)...but New Testament instead of Old. I just love that Jesus fellow.

Anyway, hope you all have a great weekend. I'm going to a wedding this weekend (here in town)...and at the reception they have Salsa dancing, Mexican food, and Margaritas! Que Bueno!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home