9.21.2005

Staying Here and Moving On

I'm in a weird place now, where I want to continue to invest in my friendships and life here in Georgia, but I also have the knowledge that in 8 months (when I finish my MDiv) I will likely no longer be in the southeast. So it's a kind of weird in-between time. I mean, I want to hang out with people, continue to grow in intimacy with people, and even make new friends...but at the same time, I am aware that I'm closing out my time here. I'm finding it hard to invest, but wanting to at the same time.
I did send an email to L'Arche yesterday telling them I am interested in beginning the process of applying and discerning as to whether/which L'Arche community might be right for me next year. I also said the West was my strong geographic preference (I figure I've put in my time in exile for a while...)--but that I was flexible if another placement seemed like it would be really great. Anyway...we'll see what happens... I want to stay in the present even while thinking about the future.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should call the Portland community...see my blog for more info.

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home