7.17.2006

A taste of the random.

1. It is not the easiest thing to walk down a lot of stairs wearing flip-flops and carrying stuff in your arms.

2. Who is down with the Green Machine? (as in, Naked Juice's Green Machine.) I am loving it--it has broccoli, garlic, algae, wheatgrass...and it's delicious! What more could you ask for? Except for the fact that it costs $3 for a bottle. That makes it a rare little booster.

3. The new plan (always open to revision) is to go ahead and try to teach again and also finish my teaching credential in special ed. That will always give me something to fall back on if I'm ever in-between jobs; oh yeah, and also I love it.

4. I realized anew lately that the only reason I went to seminary was so I could be a pastoral minister in a L'Arche community. No wonder I'm not falling all over myself trying to find a parish ministry job. Plus, if I'm just going to be starting a PhD program in a few years, what's the point of it?

5. Aforementioned PhD program requires that I know German. (It actually requires that I know 5 languages, not counting English, but I have the Greek and Hebrew under control, and the others I can learn in the program.) Any ideas on how to best learn a foreign language? Community college? Private tutor? Working through books on my own? Any ideas, especially if you did them yourself, would be appreciated.

6. Yes, I'm still reading Crime and Punishment. About 2/3 of the way through. I am really enjoying it. It's no Brothers Karamazov, but it's still a wonderful book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home