5.16.2006

I Hang My Head in Shame

I got my final grade report today, and I'm pleased to say I didn't fail any of my classes this semester. So I will indeed be graduating on Saturday, as scheduled. (No, there was not any real doubt...but it's always nice to have the paper in your hand...)

Also, I put my small refrigerator up on craigslist today in the free section. I got like 20 emails in the span of about an hour. And I think people could tell that it was going to get high response, because some of the people were pleading their case to me. Many of them just said "Hey, I'm interested, is it still available?" But some said more. Here are some of the statements I thought were funny, or noteworthy:

-"I would like to have one in my apt. May I have the address and pick it?"
-"I am very interested intaking it off your hands."
-labeled as "from nursing mom": "I am a nursing mom and this will be very helpful to put in my room, so I don't need to keep going up and down stairs after I pump to refrig and breast milk in the middle of night."
-"I would love this for my daughter. She has been wanting a little fridge for quite some time."
-"I'd like to give it to my wife, she is a school teacher and wants a fridge like this."

As you can see, some good cases were made. It actually made me wonder a little bit whether people just make up good stories so they can get the free stuff. So, call me a horrible person, and a personal affront to nursing mothers, little daughters, and teachers everywhere, but this was the email that persuaded me, and the person who will be getting the refrigerator:

"I am interested in your small refrigerator. I'll even offer you $20 for it."

Yes. I truly suck. I am a sell-out.

1 Comments:

Blogger TheNeedyMother said...

Hey some people use sob stories to get stuff, some people use money, which are ya gonna take, eh?

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home