5.21.2006

Goodbye Georgia

This will be the final entry sent from my little monastic cell at Columbia Seminary in Decatur, GA. Tomorrow morning I'm heading out of town and back to Southern California.

I must say, it's a very weird thing, to see this room I have lived in for three years empty and with all of my belongings in garbage bags...weird. And today, and then especially tonight, were all of my really really hard goodbyes. There are definitely some things (and a few people) I will miss here. It's hard not to get a little nostalgic as I'm leaving.

But, it's time to move on. Time to get goin'. What lies ahead I have no way of knowin'.

(First one to name the artist and song of that last line gets an affirming comment on their blog! And, no cheating and googling the lyrics.)

Next entry will be from another place...

2 Comments:

Blogger TheNeedyMother said...

I am so happy for you - and see, I knew you would feel just ... a little bit nostalgic , right? :) Of course, goodbye's are hard ... goodbye georgia... I pray for a safe drive!

11:16 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Well, I can tell you it's a Tom Petty song and it's from his Wildflowers disc (perfect for a roadtrip across the West...), but without any cheating, I'm at a loss to come up with the song title. Does that mean I get a *somewhat* affirming comment? ; )

(I found your blog via Micah's. Have a safe trip home today.)

7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home