8.26.2005

Music Tag!

OK, I'm finally getting to the Music Tag! game where I name 5 songs that I'm really digging right now. One of my friends tagged me on their blog, and I'm finally getting to it now. To make up for the long delay, I'll include a line from each song I really like.

1. Poor Man's House, Patti Griffin, Living With Ghosts
"Nothing is louder to God's ears than a poor man's sorrow." (This song is amazing, it was really hard to just pick one line...)
2. Born, Over the Rhine, Drunkards Prayer
"I was born to laugh, I learned to laugh through my tears."
3. What a Wonderful World, Louis Armstrong, The Essential Louis Armstrong
"I hear babies cryin', I watch them grow. They'll learn much more than I'll ever know. And I think to myself, what a wonderful world."
4. These Boots Were Made for Walkin', Nancy Sinatra, Boots
"Are you ready boots? Start walkin'."
5. Soul Kid #1, More Bounce, Win a Date with Tad Hamilton Sndtrk
"We got more bounce in California than all y'all combined."

Feel free to list 5 songs you're digging (or 1, or 2...you get the idea).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah! I love that number 5! We got more bounce in California; we like to party all the time. You should see Bethany play it as she rolls her ride through the city, pumps up the volume, and rolls down the windows.

9:06 AM  
Blogger DarkTortoise said...

I carry the lyrics for "The Idiot Kings" by Soul Coughing from their "Irresistable Bliss" album in a note on my phone/PDA.

"Everything is going up.
Everything is going as planned, yeah.
Everything moves along.
Everything is fine, fine, fine."

I refer to that whenever I find myself relating to Job. Sometimes it even helps. :)

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home