8.11.2005

End of the Internship

Goin' goin'...back back...to Cali Cali.... Yay! At this time tomorrow I will potentially be arriving in Los Angeles (if I can get on the first flight I try that is...pray for that!).

Today was my last day at the hospice, and it was bittersweet. I really enjoyed the work there. It was meaningful, allowed me to have deep connections with people, and fit really well with my gifts and personality, so I'm gonna miss it. As I was walking through today I saw a family I hadn't seen before and I thought, "Oh, someone new must have been admitted today. I look forward to meeting and getting to know them tomorrow." And then I realized, no, I wouldn't. Odd. But it's also good to move onto the next thing, which right now is my trip to CA. That will be a much needed time of spending time with and reconnecting with some of the people that matter most to me. Then it's back and time for my ordination exams! Tough stuff. More on that later.

5 Comments:

Blogger bigsip said...

Bethany, I hope you have a good and safe trip. I understand if you don't want to answer this, but are you affiliated/associated with any particular denomination? I was just curious. I also understand if you're not...I am non-denom, myself.

9:10 AM  
Blogger bethany said...

I consider myself pretty Ecumenical, I was baptized in the Russian Orthodox church, grew up in the Lutheran (ELCA) church and now I'm officially affiliated with the Presbyterian (PCUSA) church. Really, I just follow Jesus. :)

10:57 AM  
Blogger bigsip said...

Keep it up! We'll always be followers and seekers. Being a Christian only is important, too. I hate being pigeon-holed when it comes to faith. I appreciate your openness. I think being a Christian isn't really about universal acceptance or exclusivity...it's about loving mankind and following Jesus and bringing the Good News to mankind which is love...all circular.

11:07 AM  
Blogger bethany said...

And to womankind too... :)

11:19 AM  
Blogger bigsip said...

Well...OK, women can go to Heaven, too. But, only if they're human :).

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home