8.24.2005

MY PERSONAL Lord and Savior

For the past week or so I've been thinking about the Christian lingo of someone referring to Jesus as "my personal Lord and Savior." I mean, I am not arguing with the fact of whether the person is actually Christian or anything (although I imagine if Jesus was truly someone's Lord all the time, they would never be overcome by sin). But I am having trouble lately with the words "my personal." Yes, yes, I believe we can have intimacy with Jesus and he loves us and we can have a kind of "personal" relationship with him...but that phrase "Jesus is my personal Lord and Savior" just makes Jesus seem so small. Like he's in my pocket next to my PDA. And I call him my PLS. I mean, come on, Jesus is THE Lord and Savior, not just "my personal" Lord and Savior. Anyway, just something that's seemed funny to me lately.

Tomorrow's my last day of studying, and then come the exams. Today wasn't a very productive day (which I think is okay, I feel mostly prepared), but it was a good day. I enjoyed some conversation with my good friend Micah who was visiting the area this week (shout out to the M-man), also got to see a friend who married and moved away a few months ago, and tonight a friend came over and I convinced her to walk through the halls and up and down the stairs of one of our seminary buildings for some interesting exercise (and to get out of the Georgia humidity). :) All in all it was a great day. But tomorrow, gotta hit some studying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home