8.19.2005

Recipe, etc.

My time with my mom and step-dad is at an end. It was a good and fruitful time. Now I'm back up in L.A. to spend time with friends (that's Los Angeles, not Lower Alabama, for you Southerners...) until Tuesday when I return to the ATL. Tonight was shabu shabu at one of my favorite L.A. restaurants and the movie Sideways with my friend Vicki who I'm staying with tonight (the movie wasn't as good as I hoped it might be). Great weather, clear skies, sunny, nice breezes, good friends. The ocean was sparkling and beautiful as I took the train up from San Diego. Ah, how I love this state.

And now, as requested by metehan, here is the recipe for the cottage cheese pie. It turned out okay when my mom and I made it...the shell was awesome, the filling was a little too soft--maybe being a little frugal w/ the liquid ingredients wouldn't hurt.

pie crust:
1 cup flour
1/2 cup butter/margarine
1 tablespoon sugar
pinch of salt (optional)
directions: cut in butter/margarine well and then work until it holds together. press in greased pie plate. bake at 300 deg for 40 min. a trick: after pressing the dough into the pan, cover the shell with wax paper and fill it with uncooked beans. this will weigh it down so the crust won't bubble up. snip off the ends of the wax paper, because they tend to burn.

cottage cheese pie:
1 egg (mix with fork)
add 1/4 cup sugar, mix together
add 1 and 1/2 cups cottage cheese and mix
directions: pour in baked 9 inch pie shell (above) at 350 Deg for 20 minutes. put strawberry or other jam on top.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home