12.13.2005

The Question Game

I already typed out lengthy answers to all of stephcap's questions, and then I think I inadvertantly canceled the post. Sucks. So here they are again. Thanks steph for the questions!! If anyone wants some from me, let me know.

1) When was the last time you wrote a poem?

A few weeks ago--the one I included on my blog as my reflection on Acts 27.

2) Would you ever act in a movie again?

I'm not really much into the whole acting scene anymore--I haven't talked to my agent in probably 10 years. However, I have told mishabomb that if she writes a part for me in one of her movies, then I'll come out of "retirement." ;) I still have my SAG membership, it's just on hold so I don't have to pay dues every year to keep it--but I can activate it at anytime in the next 20 years, if I want to.

3) What is the best birthday or Christmas gift you’ve ever gotten?

Well, cash is always nice. :) But other than that, when I was 11 I got I nice wooden playhouse in the backyard, and that was awesome to have sleepovers in and all that. We painted it pink and blue, put some linoleum in it, curtains, the whole 9 yards. Good times.

4) Why haven’t you gotten Frank to start a blog?

I am talking to Frank on the phone right now. Here is what he jokingly says: "Because no one cares about my life." But he also said I could keep a blog for him if I wanted to, and pretend to be him, and include all sorts of juicy stuff.

5) What issue do you think the church needs to take the forefront in, but has yet to (at least in convincing fashion)?

This is a really good question. The list of things that comes into my head are war/pacifism, racial reconciliation, authentic community, fighting addiction, and beauty/body image type stuff. Sometimes churches do a good job with these things, but as a whole, I think the Church is not leading the way. And more often than not, the Church seems to perpetuate some of the lies and misconceptions that keep the Powers and Principalities in control. But if I had to pick just one, I guess it would be authentic and honest community--because a lot of the other things would flow from that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home