11.29.2005

Old Journals...

So I've been doing one of those things I don't do that often, and that when I do it, it can cause some interesting psychological reactions. Yes, I am reading through an old journal. It's not that old--only about 3.5 years--but in 20-something years that's a lot of water under the bridge. I was only a spry young 24 at that point and in my first year of teaching. Things on my mind most seemed to be: God, guys (specifically 2 guys who come up over and over), friendships, family, and leading the young adults church group.

I don't know how many of you are journalers, but there are usually one of three reactions I have when I read through an old journal:

1) Damn! I was so crazy back then! I'm so glad God has brought me through that and given me some healing.

2) Wow, what happened to me? I used to be so much better.

3) Has any time passed? I'm writing about these same issues in my journal now that I've been writing for 10 years. You'd think I would have learned something by now.

This time it's been a mixture of all 3. Mostly 1 and 2...because with 3 now, I rarely get worried when I keep writing about the same issue--I just think of it as a reminder that God is persevering with me in my healing. So that's a good thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home