11.10.2005

Safe People

It's sometimes hard for me to know who to share things with. For example, this weekend was a major breakthrough in several areas of my life. Some issues and lies I've been struggling with for many years suffered a major defeat in the battle towards healing. Seriously people, it was a HUGE and MAJOR turn of events in the life of Bethany. It's not necessarily that they were new revelations (though some were), but mostly the difference was that some of these revelations finally made the migration from knowing them cerebrally, and really really knowing them with my whole being.

That's a lot of what inner healing is I think. When the Holy Spirit finally decides to move the good truths you are aware of on a rational level, into the deeper area of real knowledge--knowledge that enters your being and plays out in your life. And that's what happened to me this weekend, and trust me, God is Good.

But the next thing I have to remember is not to share these experiences with everyone; to be discerning about who I really pour myself out to. When something good happens to me, or when I experience a breakthrough, I have the desire to tell everyone I consider a friend. But then it is frustrating when I am not heard, when I am misunderstood, when someone just takes me apart cerebrally, or when I am advised instead of companioned.

Safe people are hard to find, and very valuable when you find them.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wearing apparel

3:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

amen

pay

9:01 PM  
Blogger TheNeedyMother said...

This is not to insinuate on who you are as I say this, but I can't help but think that although we need to strive to find safe people, we must strive to be this same people ourselves.

9:51 AM  
Blogger bethany said...

Yes, of course. Thanks for making that clear.

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home