11.04.2005

Results, Vulnerability, etc.

Well, praise the Lord. Against all odds, I have passed all of my ordination exams. Thanks everyone for your prayers. Keep them up for others, whose results may not have been to their liking.

I had a great time at the respite care event tonight. As I was talking to Amy tonight (yes UCLA folks, that Amy) and talking about all the layers of defensiveness I've lost since college, I realized it was my students with severe disabilities who really taught me the beauty of true vulnerability. Not an easy thing, but such a lovely thing. And I'm still learning. I think I still try so hard not to be like that super-needy chick no one wants to have around (I mean, let's face it, I am super needy, but who isn't?) that with people I don't know very well I can still come off a little distant, or even abrasive, at times. Ah well, live and learn. God still loves me, and is not through with me yet!

Anyway, tomorrow night I'm hoping to go w/ Frank and some other UCLA alum in the area (I don't know them) to watch the game. Go Bruins!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations!!! it's one of the 'holy cow, i'm glad that's over moments'.

1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! You're now ordinary!

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home