9.11.2005

In Louie I Trust

(Here is the haircut. The bangs, among other things, were definitely not approved by me.)


Today I went to participate in Beauty Aid at the Aveda Institute here in Atlanta. Basically, the city's top stylists offer haircuts for $25 and the money all goes to AIDS charities. It's an awesome thing, really.
And anyone who knows me, knows that I am not really into doing very high-maintenance stuff with my hair (or anything else like that for that matter). So I usually just get a simple straight cut, no frills, easy to manage. But a couple months ago I got layers, and I was really happy with the results, so I decided I would take the next step and just let the stylist at the event today do whatever he wanted, if he thought it would look good on me.
As I was sitting there and Louie was cutting my hair into a million pieces, it really wasn't looking too fabulous in my opinion. "Mullet-ish" is a word I would have used to describe was I was seeing. And I know it's a stereotype (but in my opinion a well-earned stereotype), but I trust fabulous gay men with my own personal aesthetic. So I kept thinking, "Well, yes Bethany, it looks like a Mullet now, but have faith that it's going to end up somewhere good." And as Louie kept chopping away at my hair, I started realizing that sometimes I don't have as much faith in God as I had in Louie doing my hair. When my life is looking all mulletish, I want to keep having faith in God that She is going to take it somewhere good, y'know?
In the end, my haircut actually ended up looking pretty horrible (at least in my opinion). Maybe I'll get used to it in a few days. I guess God's really the only One worthy of having faith in anyway.

5 Comments:

Blogger bigsip said...

My wife asked me to cut her hair once, and only once. She still cuts mine and does a great job on it. As humans go, I trust her with everything. But, I agree that the only person you can fully put your trust in is God. When you let Him lead you, you can have true joy through contentment with even the mullety moments in life.

6:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where's the pic?

10:50 AM  
Blogger bigsip said...

It doesn't look bad from what I can see. Looks like he did lots of razoring or something. Has a very "feathered" look. Cute, I think.

5:12 AM  
Blogger DarkTortoise said...

You may not like what Louie did with your hair, but he sure helped you write a very entertaining blog entry.

8:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wiki Wiki Wa Wa Wiki Wiki

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home