9.08.2005

Convocation Day

Today was a weird day. I just felt somewhat out of sorts all day. It was the first day of classes, my first day as a Hebrew TA, we had all these special convocation activities, and I guess it was just very non-routine. I get so accustomed to a routine, and so thrown off when it changes. It's like a security blanket...

In terms of the award thing, I prayed a lot yesterday, talked on the phone to one of my best friends (who I am grateful is back from Cambodia after 2 months)--and she said, "Well, of course this award thing is a big deal to you. That's because when you were a child you were taught the lie that your value comes from how well you perform." She was so right. What a lie. And I woke up feeling pretty good, and prayed that God would give the award to the right person, whoever that may be. As it turns out, they didn't even give out the award I submitted my paper for--which was an interesting twist to the whole thing. And the ones from the senior class (my class) who received non-academic awards are two of the most humble, unpretentious, sincere men I have ever met. I was pleased at their recognition.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take full advantage of that TA thing. It's really a wonderful experience, I think.

It's also a bit weird at times--especially when you're grading your friends and even more so when they're struggling. I'm sure Christine will guide you through some of that but if you want someone to talk to, let me know.

Casey

6:03 PM  
Blogger bigsip said...

Glad you have been able to get past the disappointment. It can be hard. Just be the instrument God wants you to be in the way He wants, and you'll be truly blessed.

5:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home