7.20.2005

If you use the phrase "TMI" then don't read this.

So today I had a medical exam. And the last time I had this exam (2.5 years ago) the doctors were terrible, and it hurt so much they were not able to complete it. The doctors blamed this on me and my monk-like lifestyle. (Are the TMI police sounding the sirens yet?) So I was not looking forward to getting it again. But alas, a couple of my friends forced me to do it.

I went to a feminist clinic though, figuring that if anyone is going to respect the vagina then certainly a bunch of feminists would (am I allowed to say this in a blog?). Anyway, God was with me, and the exam went quite well. And I realized that there is a scriptural mantra I repeat in my head over and over, especially in situations like that, from Psalm 46:1 "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble." So, all that is to say, I got to wondering if anyone else has a scripture they repeat in crisis? I mean, I imagine we all have several, but is there one that comes up most of all?

From Moby Dick (appropriately): It is customary to have two harpoons reposing in the crotch, respectively called the first and second irons. [Unintentional double entendres...ah, hilarity.]

2 Comments:

Blogger bigsip said...

My fave is "Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God, and knows God. He who doesn't love doesn't know God, for God is love." 1 John 4:7-8.

7:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like that I can post all my witty comments without logging in. Go everyone-who-doesn't-have-a-blog!

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home