7.13.2005

Question of the Moment

After having some thoughts and revelations about my M.O. in new friendships and in life, I got to thinking about the following question (it's hypothetical, I'm just interested in hearing how other people think in this area of life).

Let's say you are right 80% of the time about whether people like you or not. Like, 80% of the time you get it totally right about which people like you and which people don't. But the other 20% of the time you are wrong, and it is in only one of the following ways:

A) You think people do like you who actually don't like you.
B) You think people don't like you who actually do like you.

Which would you prefer, and why?

2 Comments:

Blogger bigsip said...

I would choose option "B". I say this because I would prefer to have someone like me, period. If I thought they did like me, but they didn't they would be putting on a fake face all the time, and I really detest that. Also, if you are trying to be nice to people and they like you, but you don't think they do, you are still being nice and they still like you, even if you don't know they do. Does that make any sense? Probably not, but it's early.

7:17 AM  
Blogger Mark Andrew said...

Hmm. I prefer B as well. I'd rather have a pleasant surprise and have someone I don't suspect has interest in me, well, have interest in me. What irks me though is when I have interest in someone, and they don't, but someone else who I have no interest in likes me...booooo.

And hello.

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home