11.15.2005

Comedy of Errors

Ah, the hilarity. Today my friend and I performed our song for our Exilic Prophets class (everyone presented their "creative projects" today), and before we got there it was a comedy of errors. Seriously, it's still cracking me up 12 hours later.

First, I went to practice with her after lunch (we have a class together right before Exilic Prophets, so we had to squeeze in a quick 20 minutes of tuning/practicing before that). Well, wouldn't you know that my guitar string (the B string, for anyone who cares) decided to go flat. So after figuring all that out, we had no time to replace the string then, so I had to bring my guitar to our Preaching class that meets before the Prophets class.

So I had my guitar on the desk, and I was replacing the string, when I pricked my thumb on the end of the string (those ends are nothing to mess around with, let me tell you). I wasn't sure if it was bleeding, so I squeezed it a little to check, and it literally shot a line of blood right into my face--seriously, I had a straight line of blood going down my forehead, splatters of blood on my glasses, and on my nose. I am not exaggerating when I say that blood shot up at least 12 inches into the air. The mixture of shock and absurdity sent me into hysterical laughter, and my co-songstress and I ran into the bathroom (though I think the poor, unassuming student sitting next to me in my preaching class was the most shocked of all).

We got back to class, with my thumb snugly resting in a paper towel, and I finished getting the new string on. At that point class was starting, and one of the professors said he was hot, and asked someone to open a window. My co-songstress went to open the window, and when she went to open the blinds, the entire fixture of blinds crashed to the floor. I just lost it. There were too many oddly unfortunate (yet hilarious) things to happen at the same time.

You just can't make up this kind of stuff. Oh yeah, and the song went pretty well. I'll post the lyrics sometime soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger TheNeedyMother said...

This is like some Paul Thomas Anderson movie.

9:49 AM  
Blogger bethany said...

Seriously, that is the highest compliment you can give me.

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home