9.05.2006

How I'm Going to Die

I bought these shoes to go with this cool retro dress I'm wearing to a wedding in a couple weeks. Problem is, I'm not totally secure walking in them. In fact, as I was walking up to my friend Aline's door yesterday (I had just bought them, and she was helping me practice walking in them), I actually lost my balance, fell, and skinned my knee. Now I have to figure out whether I really should wear them to the wedding...because they are so cute, but I'm also singing in the wedding, and I don't really want to fall face first onto the platform. All this in the name of fashion! Sacre bleu!

4 Comments:

Blogger micah said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:48 PM  
Blogger micah said...

i say go for it. if not for singing in a wedding, then when? but maybe you could wear them a few times before that for practice. is that acceptable shoe strategy?

9:49 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I second Micah's advice. But then again, I'm a sucker for you-shoulda-known-better shoes. I used to totter around on a pair of patten leather sandals with a 3 inch cork wedge sole (and I'm already 6 feet tall, like I need to be 3 inches taller). They were sweet. And I only fell on my butt a couple of times. I feel like death by hot shoes is not such a bad way to go (which is probably a sign of some sort of mental illness).

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why not? life is short, wear tall shoes. :)

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home