4.16.2006

Advice?

Since I almost never want advice, and since so many of the people in the world LOVE to give it, I figured I would post about two things that I'm thinking about that I actually would appreciate people's input on. Feel free to quell your thirst for giving advice and sharing all the wisdom of your experience.

1) My current absolute favorite musician is Patty Griffin. I adore her. And she's playing on Thursday night for only $10!!! The thing is though, it's in Mississippi and a 5 hour drive from here. So, even though the ticket is only $10, that's a lot of time (10 hours driving) and gas money ($60) to spend on a concert. Though I do really really love her and would thoroughly enjoy seeing her in concert. Should I do it?

2) For my graduation present, my mom and step-dad have agreed to buy me a new laptop. I have been a loyal PC user for my entire life and have really enjoyed using them. But in the past couple of years I have heard some really excellent things about Macs that make me consider switching (e.g., longer battery life, much slimmer chance of contracting viruses, more power, etc.). But this is a really big decision, and one that I'm not fully equipped to make on my own. So...thoughts?

Alright, advise away.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

1) Yes. Get a group together and split the cost of gas. Especially go if she doesn't tour much because you may never see her again.

2) Macs are more user-friendly for all the reasons you mentioned and more but you might pay a lot more for those features.

11:01 AM  
Blogger TheNeedyMother said...

1. Yes.

2. What are you waiting for?

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home