4.10.2006

Back in the ATL

It was a great visit to the Northwest, and I met many wonderful people. Until the details about my placement get worked out though, I'll refrain from going into a lot of details about the trip. Let's just say, God was at work and brought a lot of clarity. Plus, the whole money situation is ALREADY worked out--regarding the concern about being able to pay back my loans while not getting a lot of pay (see a couple entries ago). It's not going to be a problem.

But now, I need to do all the work I didn't get done during my trip. Argh.

I'll leave you with one Bonhoeffer quotation that a few people in the L'Arche communities mentioned: Those who love community destroy community, but those who love their brothers and sisters build it up.

There is something really wise in that statement. But I will add one qualifier and say that it's possible to both love community and to love your brothers and sisters. So, just because someone loves community doesn't mean they'll necessarily destroy a community. It's only if they love the ideal of community and not actual people. For the record.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home