3.30.2006

Spring Break

Ah, one more day of class until Spring Break. Awesome. I just finished Hardboiled Wonderland and the End of the World by Haruki Murakami, and next on the agenda is The Wind-up Bird Chronicle (also by Murakami). I'm on a Murakami kick lately, since reading Kafka on the Shore over Christmas break. I mixed it up with some John Irving though. But I think most of this break is going to need to be spent doing readings for my World Christianity class. That professor doesn't mess around when it comes to assigning readings for us.

Of course, a book I read during my first year in seminary that I would say has been among the most transformative of my perspective of the world (Mission: An Essential Guide, by Carlos Cordoza-Orlandi). He wrote about missiology from the perspective of someone who comes from a culture (Puerto Rican) that has been missionized by the dominant culture, and I found it very eye-opening. So anyway, I have to figure the books he assigns are probably worth reading.

On Wednesday I'll be leaving for Seattle to visit the L'Arche community there. And I just found out that I'll be visiting the Portland community while I'm out there too. I may as well check out another community while I'm there, because who knows where God is going to want to send me. And Portland is only a 3 hour drive from Seattle--so it's very doable. I've never been to either place, so it will be an adventure. And hopefully I will begin to get some sense of what my next destination might be on this journey called life.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved Carlos' class. It was frustrating though. His serial approach to growth causes so much anxiety with folks that it's nearly impossible to get a question in that doesn't have to do with it.

Very frustrating, because he typically likes questions related to the on-going discussion.

So, if you're comfortable with the demise of the church in NA then I'd suggest getting your questions in before any else says anything!

Just a word of unwanted advice.

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home