3.15.2006

Randomness.

1. I am totally coveting these shoes. Even if I buy a slightly used pair on Ebay, they're still going to set me back about $80. If I buy them new in the store, they are about $112. Is it worth it? (For anyone who cares, they are Dansko Cabrio professional clogs.)


2. There are two phrases I totally hate, referring to different things about women. I HATE the phrase "over-the-shoulder boulder holder" to refer to a bra. And I hate the phrase "on the rag" describing when women are having their periods. Blech. They both make me cringe.

3. I think it's riduculous to use big words for the sake of using them. Especially when you're talking to people who probably don't know the word, and when there is another word that would get your message across just as adequately. BUT, there are big words (or just uncommon words, whatever you want to call them) that are totally worth using no matter what. One such word is innocuous. I use that word pretty often, and it is just a great word.

OK, Godspeed.

3 Comments:

Blogger TheNeedyMother said...

I think you should get them - you can wear them with skirts, dressy pants and jeans - slide on and slide off. Go for it.

3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me be the cold water schmuck and ask a question:

Are we looking at ipod levels of remorse afterward?

7:51 PM  
Blogger bethany said...

Thanks for the comments...
Hm. I guess I'm leaning toward getting them, and I doubt there will be iPod levels of remorse. And that's because this is something that could more easily be classified as a "need" and less as a "luxury." But maybe I'm just fooling myself...anyway...we'll see. I haven't fully decided if I'm going to get them.

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home