2.21.2006

Rorschach Test

This weekend was AWESOME, and so needed. It was just so nice to be in a cabin in the mountains, and to be with people I love. There was even a 4 month old with us, and he added something very nice to the community. We each had a turn to talk about our life story, and about how our understanding and practice of prayer has changed over time. We ended up talking a lot about our families too. It was just a really, really good time. There were a few moments of romantic distraction (no, not with Frank), but it didn't put a damper on anything. I am really grateful for the weekend.

On a totally unrelated, and lighter note, something hilariously immature happened in my U.S. Religious History class today. The professor drew the following on the board:

Now, if your first thought is--Oh yeah, that's Africa! then you're right. He was talking about the slave trade and the development of African-American religious movements in the 1700's, and just drew a quick map on the board to use to show us some of the geography. However, as soon as he drew that up on the board, let's just say I definitely did not see Africa. And I was trying my hardest not to bust into laughter, so I was biting my lip and staring at the table. But my friend behind me (who knows how my mind works a little too well) could tell what was going on, and she called my name and started holding in her own laughter. She actually had to leave the room to go bust out laughing in the hallway.

Ah, seminary. I'm glad to see that over the years I have gained the maturity of a 7th grade boy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home