2.16.2006

A Welcomed Respite

Let me just say, God is Good. Can I hear an Amen?

After I wrote my entry yesterday, as I was praying before bed, I was thinking about how frustrated I was about being misunderstood, and how very very hard that is for me. It was so hard that people were not getting the real essence of what I was saying, and that they were coming with their criticisms rather than coming with their questions wanting to really try to see where I was coming from. And I just started thinking, I don't think I'm a strong enough person for these kinds of things. Because these are not just fun theological issues that I discuss in my spare time, they are at the center of who I am, how I view God, and what I think Christianity is; all based primarily on who I think Jesus is and how I read the New Testament. And anyway, it is not easy to have those things on the public chopping block.

But anyway, when I started praying, God really calmed me down and helped me realize that this is about God, and I need to trust God with whatever results happen. So I just prayed that God would take it from here, and that whatever needed to happen would happen. Not that I'm totally taking myself out of the process of what's happening, but I am really weary from all of this, and from people wanting to talk about it all the time, express their criticism, etc. There's only so much of that I can handle. And the bottom line is, God is more capable than I. I trust God to be God.

So, providentially, this weekend I'll be going with some friends from church (including the Frankinator) for an informal retreat type thing up at someone's aunt's giant house out in the country. It will be so SO SOOOO good to spend some time with friends, and not to have to talk constantly about why I think rivalry is not a good thing in a Christian community, and about why I am wrong. It's a welcomed break, and I am super grateful to God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home