2.01.2006

Raincheck...

Unfortunately, I am not on a plane to Seattle right now. Somehow, while I was weakened by the other infection, I picked up some bronchitis along the way. And, the L'Arche community and I both thought it would probably be best if I didn't vist while I was sick. After all, I don't want them to remember me as "that girl who gave us all bronchitis." Geez. I haven't really had any kind of cold or anything for quite a while now, this is really bad timing.

The hardest thing about it is that I was really hoping to get my after-seminary plans nailed down. It's hard for me to be in the uncertainty, I just feel more secure with a plan. But, I am going to be in the uncertainty for a while longer at least. God is still Good and trustworthy and all that, so I'm figuring that somehow this was just not the right time for me to go. So I'll probably go visit in the next couple months.

A good thing though is that I talked to a couple of the leaders of the community on the phone, to tell them we should probably reschedule my visit. They were just wonderful people. You could tell that they were caring, compassionate people just from the way they talked to you. But I guess the way someone talks to you can tell you a lot about a person, really.

So now I'll get back to the ATL tomorrow night.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like the blog. Sorry to hear you missed your L'Arche visit.

From L'Arche Washington D.C.,

-DRM-

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home