1.02.2007

Rose Parade

So, is it just a California thing, or do you non-CA people know what the Rose Parade is? It's a parade held on New Year's Day every year in Pasadena, home of the Rose Bowl, in the morning before the football game takes place. Unfortunately, I live only a few houses down from one of the streets on the parade route...and people make a BIG deal about watching this parade. People camp out all night and set up lawn chairs and hang out for like 24 hours on the sidewalk somewhere on the parade route to watch it. On New Year's Eve as I was heading to a friend's place, here were a couple scenes of those camping on the parade route (on sidewalks and in medians):





And here are some rules I have for these beautiful people to keep in mind next year:
1) The city of Pasadena is not your personal trash receptacle. Throw it in a f-ing can!
2) Don't put your chairs in the middle of the street before the streets are closed off. Especially on a night where people are coming from alcohol-filled parties...unless you have a death wish, then, feel free.
3) Tell your idiot children NOT to throw tortillas, silly string, and hard, white balls at passing cars. Believe it or not, throwing hard objects forcefully at cars actually dents the cars. Imagine that!
4) People actually live in those houses you're camping near. You don't need to blow that ridiculous air horn all night long.
5) Do not block the parking spaces and driveways of the people whose neighborhoods you are crashing.
6) Never, ever wear USC gear to my neighborhood ever again.

That will be all. Happy New Year!

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger KQ said...

Omigosh. I'm almost freaking out just reading your post. I'm guessing I would not have made it past the first cluster of chair people I ran into. Glad to know you are a more patient person than I am. :)

8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Next year you should pour water into all the gutters, drive in them and splash everyone. That would be funny, sweet and not illegal I think.

11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At first I thought your new blog name meant that you were showing something, in progress and without delay, as in "live" (long "i")... I get it now.

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

he he he...this is precisely why I haven't spent a NYE in Pasadena in a very long time!

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home